Friday, May 04, 2007

Badwater start times & Twisp, WA


(pic: Badwater 2004, photo by Dave Remington)

This is one of my favorite pictures from my 2004 Badwater race. I just love my 2004 crew/pace team! Check them out! When does it ever get any better than that? This is Nikki, Larry & Bonnie. Both Nikki and Bonnie are running the race this year. How cool is that??

The start times have been posted for this year's race. I'm in the 10 am group. That means I get to start in the heat of the morning. My bib number is #39. Wonder why??

I worked until 9 pm today. So, I'm just exhausted. The good news is, I'm off to Twisp, WA tomorrow. It's one of the the jewels of north central Washington. Tim Englund and I are running the Sunflower Iron "Double." This is a beautiful 21-mile trail run through the gorgeous Methow Valley. We start before dawn and make our way from the finish to the official start, where we hope to arrive by 8:30 am for the start of the real 21-mile race. In 2005, we got quite lost in the dark... we'll see if we can learn from our mistakes this year. I have a feeling it just might be the blind leading the blind. :) Oh well, it's a guaranteed good time no matter what. This picture from the race website is really how it looks when you are running through the gorgeous wild flowers. It's like the "Sound of Music."
We might even break out into song while running! Better Tim than me though...you haven't heard me sing...

2 comments:

Backofpack said...

Sounds like a good weekend - have fun!

Olga said...

Woo-hoo, you are a speedster getting 10 am start!!!
Have fun at the double weekend, wish I was keeping you company!