Thursday, March 15, 2007

Leaving Spokane for Chuckanut

David and I are leaving Spokane in the early afternoon (I have 2 appointments in the morning) and we are heading West for the Chuckanut 50k. I'm so excited to be going. Last year I had to sit it out, so went with Steely to volunteer and cheer and mingle. This year it's going to be slow. That's ok. I haven't run a trail run like this since Western States 2005 when I busted up the ankle. I've have been on flat groomed trails and have spent about 30 minutes on some rockier trails, and I guess I have also run in snow. But this one could be tough on the ankle, especially the climb up Chinscraper.


(pic: This is tp's picture of a runner near the top)

I'll be wearing my ASO and I'll be taking it slow. I've also been quite sick with an upper respiratory infection. I caught this crud twice this winter! I'm coughing up gunk but the fever's been gone since Monday. I will carry an inhaler since I have had some bronchial spasm after running a few times.

So, now that I have laid out all my excuses for a slow run, I really am going just to have fun, see friends, cheer friends, be outside, road trip with David, and hopefully to finish within the cutoff time. I don't think that will be a problem, but as we all know, anything can happen.

Still, I am just CHEEZED to be going!

I'll check back in on Sunday. Y'all have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Olga said...

That's Annie-mal!!! I never thought of Chinscraper been so steep:) See ya tomorrow, I'll lay you my excuses at the start!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Both Olga & Lisa have a fun Race!!