Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sparta!


I received my 2009 Spartathlon race packet! Race number 90.

I am so looking forward to go back this year. Some of you may know that last year, after spraining my ankle just before the race, I dropped 50k from the finish, mile 121 of 153. I was devastated. I swore I'd never go back. I broke that promise the next day at the awards ceremony.


(The Brace after the 2008 race. Photo by gtach.)

I am not going back for revenge or redemption or to conquer the course or anything like that. I must go back for the peace and the history and the longing to kiss the foot of the King Leonidas waiting for me in Sparta.

5 comments:

TonyP said...

Awesome that you are going back ! See you soon.

Backofpack said...

Good for you Lisa! Be careful on those short little runs in the days before. Can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it.

Jamie Donaldson said...

I totally get what you are talking about! Go get that foot (his not yours-HA)!

Larry L said...

Excellent! Best of luck in your training & the race!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

King Leonidas get that foot ready for a big wet smooch from Lisa B :-)